VILLA RENTAL POLICIES
1. RESERVATIONS: Group travel requires advance planning and coordination of several individuals. Everyone being able to have the same dates off from work or school, arrangements for pet or childcare are not easy, but extremely doable. Our villas require full payment at the time of booking.
If you are booking a vacation 180 days or further in advance you may contact Pacific Vacation | StayPV.com at to request placing a 50% deposit with the balance paid 90 days before your arrival. Pacific Vacation | StayPV.com reserves the right to cancel any reservation for failure to pay the balance 90 days before your arrival date, and all deposits paid are forfeited.
2. CANCELATION POLICY: Our policies are standard in the group vacation rental industry once payments are made, there are no refunds. When a booking for a villa is received, the property is removed from the market for those dates, and potential renters look elsewhere. If we accepted last-minute cancellations, the odds of rebooking a property for those dates are very low. Group travel rarely changes because one or two people are unable to travel. We understand life happens and will work with you if you need to move your travel dates, the request must be made 90 days before your arrival date. Please email discuss new travel dates. Rebooking your visit is subject availability and not within 90 days of your arrival date.
There are no refunds for early departures, delayed arrivals, construction activity, inclement weather, or reduction in the number of nights reserved for any reason. If the villa becomes unsuitable for casualty loss Pacific Vacation liability will be limited to the return of all monies paid on account at the time of cancellation. Trip cancellation insurance is highly recommended.
3. NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL: Vacations are considered nonessential travel, and therefore have been subject to restrictions, recommendations and advisories from numerous governmental departments and agencies for years for many reasons. Examples of such agencies but not limited to:
United States Department of State
Global Health Advisory
National Weather Service
Pacific Vacation is not liable for events beyond our control. No show rentals are forfeited in full. Transportation disruptions, transportation cancellations, travel advisories, travel restrictions and travel recommendations pertaining to natural disasters, terrorist activity, and civil/political unrest, epidemic disease or illness, health advisories, quarantines, evacuation orders, border closures, government mandates, safety and security threat advisories, essential utility outages, unexpected serious illness or injury to a traveler, lost, stolen or changes to visa or passport requirements that make it impossible to travel to the destination are examples but not limited to events beyond our control.
After the declaration of multiple COVID-19 variants as a global pandemic by the World Health Organization, the extenuating circumstances no longer applies because COVID-19 and its consequences are no longer unforeseen or unexpected but rather a known risk with travel.
4. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: The residential rental unit is for the sole use as a personal vacation residence for only approved guests. Guest is responsible for any guests that use the property during the term of this Agreement. No guests in excess of the maximum occupancy 10 people for Villa Encantada / 8 people for Villa Bahia shall occupy the property.
5. NO PARTIES: All of Management’s rental units are in residential areas and may NOT be used for weddings, receptions, parties, or any other large gatherings.
6. FILMING: The filming of any still or motion pictures in any format that requires more than 2 persons and/or any specialized gear, apparatus or crew is strictly prohibited unless prior written authorization is obtained. Castings, interviews or photo shoots are not allowed in the villas or property without previous authorization from the Owner/Property Manager in writing.
7. ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES: No illegal substances are allowed on the premises, including without limitation minors possessing alcoholic beverages.
8. TV/CABLE/INTERNET/SATELLITE: Any internet, TV, and cable or satellite subscription services are provided as a convenience only and are not integral to this Agreement. Management will not be in breach for any and Guest will not receive a refund for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to service. If you decide to access any Internet content during your stay, you do this entirely at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that any accessed material does not infringe the laws governing, but not exhaustively covering, copyright, trademarks, pornography, or any other material which is slanderous, defamatory or might cause offense in any other way. In the event the internet service is inoperable, we will do our best to troubleshoot. No refunds will be given due to loss of internet service.
9. AIR CONDITIONING: There are no refunds for lack of or malfunctioning HVAC units. Doors and windows shall be closed when air conditioning is in operation. Rooms that are not in use will have air condition units turned off by staff. NO EXPECTATIONS.
10. POOL: Guest hereby acknowledges and agrees that the area(s) surrounding pool(s) are not fenced or secure. Guest understands and agrees to be responsible and liable for any damages that occur to the pool and their support equipment through Guest misuse and/or negligence. Use is at Guest’s own risk. No lifeguards are onsite. Children are to supervised by an adult at all times, unaccompanied children will be removed from the pool for their own safety.
11. SYSTEM(S) FAILURES: In the event the residential rental unit sustains a failure of a system, including but not limited to water, sewer, septic, electrical, gas, plumbing, mechanical, appliances, heat pump, ventilating, pool, hot tub or other system or structural systems, neither the Owner nor the Management shall be liable to Guest for any damages as result of or associated with such system failures. Management will make an effort to promptly repair or replace the failed system or equipment, and in such event, Guest agrees to permit manager or its service provider to have reasonable access to the property to inspect and make such repairs. Any failure does not serve as a termination of this Agreement and no refunds will be given for such system failures.
12. MAINTENANCE & REPORTING: Guest shall properly use, operate, and safeguard the residential rental unit including any landscaping, furniture, furnishings, appliances, and all mechanical, electrical, gas, and plumbing fixtures. Guest agrees to keep the residential rental until clean and sanitary. Guest shall immediately notify Management of any problem, malfunction, or damage. Guest will be liable and shall pay for all repairs or replacements caused by Guest, excluding ordinary wear and tear. Guest will be liable and shall pay for all damage to the premises as a result of failure to report a problem, malfunction, or damage in a timely manner.
13. UNFORESEEN OCCURRENCES: Management will not assume liability for any loss, damage, or inconvenience caused by but not limited to weather conditions, natural disasters, pests, construction, public/private events, acts of God, wildfire/smoke, road closures, interruption of services and utilities or other reasons beyond its control.
14. CATASTROPHIC EVENTS & EMERGENCY EVACUATIONS: If a catastrophe (hurricane, tornado, earthquake, flood, fire, or wildfire etc.) or any situation simply beyond our control impairs the vacation rental, Pacific Vacation is not responsible for finding alternate lodging for the renter or for the renter’s financial losses related to transportation or alternate lodging. There will be NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR EMERGENCY EVACUATIONS. Therefore, we suggest you consider Travel Protection Insurance to secure your vacation investment and eliminate your financial risk. There will be no refunds of any kind for evacuations.
15. INSURANCE: You understand that our insurance does not cover your belongings or damage that you cause. You agree that we are not responsible for any loss or damage during the term of the rental agreement. You agree to carry insurance covering all of your personal property located in the unit or bear full responsibility for its damage including damage from fire, water, theft, or any cause.
16. LOST ITEMS OR LEFT ITEMS: Guest is solely responsible for any lost or abandoned possessions or items. Management assumes no responsibility for lost or abandoned items. Upon discovery of possessions or items left in the rental unit, Management will make a reasonable effort to contact the Guest for return. Guest is responsible to pay for shipping costs in addition to a $25.00 handling fee for packaging. At no point does Management assume liability for any possessions or items or for the condition of said possessions or items. Any items not claimed after 30 days will be donated.
17. PETS / ANIMALS: Pets, emotional and service animals are prohibited. NO EXPECTATIONS. Mexico does not have laws regarding service animal accessibility in private homes. If an animal is found on the premises, the animal will be removed and boarded at a local shelter or veterinarian office at the Guest expense. The Guest is responsible to remedy any and all animal damages and the cost of remediation, including animal allergen remediation, flea remediation and reimbursement. This includes any costs necessary to relocate or compensate for the relocation of future guests until remediation is completed. Guest and Guest’s visitors will be evicted for refusal to relocate the animal.
18. HANDICAP ACCESSIBILITY: The villas are private homes that are exempt from all local and international laws providing accessibility to disabled persons. The villas are not permitted to have elevators in Zihuatanejo. The multi-level design of the villa rooms, stairs and passages have many barriers that prevent the use of wheelchairs.
19. TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY: Guest expressly acknowledges and agrees that this Agreement is for vacation / short term rental / transient occupancy of the home and that Guest is prohibited from make the home a residence or household.
20. SALE / LEASE OF HOME: If home is actively listed for sale or lease, Pacific Vacation | StayPV.com may notify Guest to schedule and show home.
21. BREACH OF TERMS: Breach any provision above will result in immediate termination of the Rental Agreement, with eviction of Guest and Guest’s visitors and licensees from the residential rental unit, and forfeiture of the entire Guest’s Reservation Fee and/or security deposit.
22. ELECTRONIC CONSENT: By clicking on the "Continue to Checkout" button the Guest agrees to "By completing this booking I acknowledge I have read and accepted the Property Policies." Guest is consenting to the use of an electronic signature in lieu of an original signature on paper. Guest has the right to request to sign a paper copy instead. By checking the I AGREE
button, Guest waives that right.